Despite getting eight hours of sleep, you feel groggy. Infact, you slept weird again and now your side hurts. The traffic getting into work was terrible, your emails somehow managed to build up over the weekend, you’re on deadline, and you don’t know where to begin.
To top it off, you spilled coffee on your blouse.
You try not to think about the fact that Friday is so far away. You’re day dreaming about the glass of wine you are going to treat yourself to while catching up on all your misses episodes of your favorite show.
Mondays stink, but remember that they don’t last forever and we can also make them better.
Here are six ways that you can make Monday a little less painful:
- Plan out a healthy breakfast the night before: healthy food makes you feel good. Don’t fool yourself thinking a cup of coffee is enough to get yourself going. You need real food. A little carbs, fruit, and protien can make a huge difference in your day.
- Think of a good way to end your night. Even if you have kiddos, you can still plan something for a half an hour for after you put them to bed. This way, despite what happens during the day, at lease you will know it will end well. (PS: The Bachelorette is coming back soon!)
- Take a real lunch break: Let’s be real. We all know that we’re never truly don’t with work, so unless there’s a burning task, take advantage of your lunch break! Go for a walk outside, read a page or two of a good book– anything, as long as it is not work related.
- Wear a fun outfit: Unless you have to wear a company polo and are banned from accessories, there’s always a way to add a little spark to your outfit. Wear the new outfit you got over the weekend or even your new bracelet you got for Mother’s Day. Something fresh, fun, or sweet will make your day a bit brighter.
- Keep your mood positive: Fake it until you make it. Even if you’re not in a good mood, try to smile and be polite. It can rub off on others and add some more cheer to the office.
- Stretch every morning and ever night: stretching out your muscles twice per day will help release tension. In the morning, it helps you wake up. At night, it helps calm you down for sleep and maybe your side won’t hurt so much.
Any other ideas? Let me know in the comments below.